The Republican party led by Donald Trump, the most dangerous domestic terrorist in America, has become a hate group. You may not like the political agenda of the democrats. Still, there is no denying they are not the party that is inciting their base to assault or murder their political opponents. Instead of listening to Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, Steve Bannon, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and other white nationalists who justify using violence against opponents, Trump supporters should pay attention to how extensively these Republicans use hate rhetoric to incite violence. If you are a white Christian American, imagine President Biden delivering a speech rallying Jews, Muslims, Indigenous people, and Hispanics to see their demographic as dangerous enemies who need to arm themselves for protection.
Obama went on to point out the dishonest, hypocritical narratives Republicans are selling to their base:
- They claim to be committed to fighting crime, yet they have voted against funding for law enforcement, voted against banning assault weapons, and have made jokes about the violent, criminal assault of Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul.
- They support states rights on the abortion issue, yet they simultaneously support the passing of a federal ban on abortion
- They support unrestricted 2nd Amendment rights, yet support the overturning of a 50 year law for woman’s right to reproduction freedom
- They talk about the stolen election lie as if it’s a fact, without producing any factual evidence
- They declare the COVID pandemic was a hoax, despite the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people
- They supported the appointment of a Supreme Court Justice 3 weeks before the 2020 presidential election, yet blocked an Obama appointee 9 months before the 2016 election
- They hug the flag and praise democracy and the Constitution, yet they support Donald Trump who has committed more crimes against the American government than any president in history
- They support candidates who are announcing they will not accept the results of their elections if they lose, yet they proclaim they support democracy.