Fortunately, voters do not have to think in the abstract when it comes to what would happen if, in some twisted alternate reality, Joe Biden actually signed the MAGA House Republican Terrorist Debt Ceiling Bill passed with less than a majority of the 435 Representatives last week.
Arizonans do not have to imagine much either thanks to the White House and their economics divisions releasing data on what draconian cuts the Grand Canyon State would face if Kevin it took me 15 rounds to become Speaker McCarthy’s and Marjorie Jewish Space Lasers are causing California wildfires Taylor Greene’s vision for the country became reality.
These cuts include:
- Cutting rail safety inspections and up to six air traffic control towers.
- Eighty-seven billion dollars in transit and highway infrastructure projects.
- 3300 children losing access to Head Start and 4200 kids would not be able to go to Child Care.
- Reductions in SNAP for 32,000 Arizonans would increase child poverty
- Housing assistance would raise rental and mortgage prices for 5300 families.
- Outpatient services for 186,100 veterans.
- Food assistance for 17,000 senior citizens.
- Potential loss of access to health care for 597,000 people.
- Eighty million dollars for Title One Schools.
- Reductions in support of 146,000 special needs children.
- Eliminate the plan for student debt relief.
- Reductions in the amount students can qualify for in Pell Grants.
- Mental health support for children.
Notice none of these cuts the MAGA terrorists propose include Defense spending. Notice none of the ideas the MAGA terrorists advocate include repealing the debt-busting Bush and Trump Tax Cuts.
It seems, as always, the only ideas Republicans have for fiscal policy is to stick it to poor children, vulnerable senior citizens, and any infrastructure projects that will modernize the country and make the air, terrain, and waterways cleaner and safer.
When President Biden released his budget proposals a month before the MAGA Terrorists passed what Democrats are rightly calling the Default on America Act, he said:
“Don’t tell me what you value. Show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.”
Well, the MAGA Terrorist Republicans have shown their cards and they clearly do not value America or the American People.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Author: David Gordon