- Appointing a special master to review the classified stolen documents Trump stole from the government, hid at Mara-A-Lago, and lied about having.
- Unnecessarily put a hold on the investigative work being done by the DOJ on the stolen documents found at Mara -a- Lago
- Prioritization of ruling on the issues of executive privilege and attorney- client privilege over protecting national security, prosecuting the breaking federal laws, and obstruction of justice
- Over-reached by asserting court intervention on the basis that Trump had some recognizable interest in a miniscule portion of the seized property at Mara-a-Lago.
On Sept. 8th, Lawfare published an overview of Cannon’s ruling titling it, ” Everthying That’s Wrong With Judge Cannon’s Ruling.” They cited errors such as:
- Error #1: The court has no jurisdiction over this matter.
- Error #2: A district court has no authority to block a criminal investigation.
- Error #3: The ruling is simply incoherent with respect to executive privilege.
- Error #4: Normal people don’t get special masters when the FBI executes search warrants against them.Error #4: Normal people don’t get special masters when the FBI executes search warrants against them.
The scariest part of this ruling is that it revealed enemy of democracy Senator Mitch McConnell’s successful strategy enacted by a true enemy of democracy, at stacking the federal courts with alt-right, Federalist Society judges. The puppet ex-president appointed every judge to the federal bench that Connell suggested. Aileen Cannon is an example of the incompetent, extremist, Trump- over-country type judge that the United States is up against in the battle to defend of the rule of law and moral decency being destroyed by the Republican party.
Merrick Garland is methodically proving every crime Trump is accused of committing. What Trump has gotten away with is an afront to the integrity of our democracy. If there had to be a US president indicted for crimes against the Constitution, Trump is worthy of that badge of shame. Instead of the press and politicians lamenting about how unprecedented and shocking to the country and the world it would be to see a former US president be indicted, they should rejoice to see democracy winning over corruption and treason. Summarized in Politico, Sept. 9, 2022, the powerful DOJ demand to judge Cannon said:
- The government would get to hold onto and continue to use the 100 classified documents found at Mar-a-Lago, material that Justice lawyers noted “indisputably belong to the government, not Plaintiff.”
- If she doesn’t, DOJ will prevail in its appeal anyway, because no court could possibly conclude that Trump owns the 100 classified records, has a right to have them back or has any attorney-client or executive privilege claims that would prevent prosecutors from using them in their criminal investigation.
- The judge’s order has threatened national security by stymying the intelligence communities ability to assess the potential national security risk caused by Trump’s mishandling of the stolen classified documents.
- Excluding the 100 classified documents from the special master process will cause no harm to Trump.
TRUMP SUPPORTERS TAKE NOTICE: JUDGE CANNON JOINS A LONG LIST OF ATTORNEYS, JUDGES, AND POLITICIANS WHO END UP PROFESSIONALLY DAMAGED, INDICTED, INCARCERATED, OR HUMILIATED BECAUSE OF THEIR ENTANGLEMENTS WITH DONALD TRUMP. THAT’S NOT FAKE NEWS. ASK MICHAEL COHEN, ALAN WEISELBERG, STEVE BANNON, GENERAL MICHAEL FLYNN, ROGER STONE, RUDY Giuliani, SIDNEY POWELL, ETC, ETC, ETC. ARE HANDCUFFS, JAIL CELLS, LAW LICENSES SUSPENDED, AND EXCESSIVE LEGAL AND PUBLIC HUMILIATION WORTH HAVING TRUMP AS A FRIEND?